Sunday, June 8, 2008

And We're Off to Camp!!


I have to start this post by extending my true and heartfelt thanks to all of you that have played a part in making this dream a reality. The outpouring of support has been such a blessing. From monetary donations to words of encouragement and most importantly prayer support, each of you have helped to get us to where we are right now!!


In a few days, six to be exact, Morgan will be on his way to camp. I will be flying with him to Michigan to begin this awesome adventure. Morgan is very excited and can't wait to get there. He and I both are looking forward to all of the new experiences that he will undoubtedly have over the summer.


As most of you know, this will be Morgan's first time away from home. If you're interested in dropping him a line over the summer, please email me (morganswish@live.com) for the camp address. I'm sure he'd love to hear from his friends and family. Nothing like hearing your name at mail call to keep that homesick feeling at bay.


Since the beginning of this whole process, I have been keeping a notebook / planning journal for Operation Summer Camp. Inside the front cover is a quote that I'd like to share with all of you...


"Faith is a tree, growing new branches even in the face of a storm. And when the time is right, those new branches bear fruit. It is faith that sustains me, faith that makes sense out of chaos, faith that holds the world together in the face of crisis. - When you have faith, despair is not an option."


My faith, my family, my friends, and some very generous strangers have blessed our family in a way that words can scarcely express. Again thank you all for everything! May God bless and keep each of you!


With much love,


Shelley, Morgan and Gabriel


P.S. Stay tuned for updates and info about how Morgan is doing at camp!!

No comments: